Banana Berry Oatmeal Muffins

Banana Berry Oatmeal Muffins are a hearty, gluten-free option for breakfast or a quick guilt-free snack!

Continue reading

Yūgen on the mountain

Profound, spiritual moments are rare. Many have never had one. And those that have, they are forever changed.

Continue reading

Quick, easy, and delicious overnight oats

I was recently inspired by my sister to try out overnight oats. I decided to do some experimenting and combine the oats with my newly-beloved chia seeds.

Continue reading

Another first … the firing range

I’m in no way anti-gun, but they’ve never been something I was interested in or fascinated by. I own a gun — a small Ruger 22, given to me by my father — but I never even loaded it, let alone fired it.

Continue reading

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Chia Parfait

chia pudding

Wasn’t chocolate meant to be with peanut butter? And throwing bananas into the mix just makes perfection.

Continue reading

Seven reasons to exercise

exercise reasons

Everyone has their own reasons for exercising. Some want to get ripped. Some want to get thin. Some want to increase endurance. Whatever reason you have for getting moving is a good one. Here’s are my reasons …

Continue reading

THIS is us

Because THIS is the real America. Charlottesville and hate parades … that’s not us. Our response to emergencies and crisis reveals the true nature of our people.

Continue reading

The Cult of Chia

Given the high nutritional value of chia seeds, I figured I’d give them a try. Especially when I stumbled upon pudding recipes.

Continue reading

Living 80/20

That’s why the 80/20 approach works best for me. I eat on point and health-conscious 80% of the time, and I don’t beat myself up if I am less healthy and focused the remaining 20% of the time.

Continue reading

And sometimes you fail

They say it takes 21 days to make or break a habit, but changing your entire lifestyle takes longer than that. It’s a process, and it’s gonna take time. But as long as I restart more times than I fail, I’ll win.

Continue reading